Legion Of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Legion Of Fate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Proposal

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Today the leader of Brewtality told me that they will be leaving the Alliance, and wanted to know if we wanted to go with them. They are leaving due to some drama in the alliance between guilds. He also asked if we would like to Merge with them instead of just joining the new alliance.

Now here are some questions for you all:
Do you even want to leave the alliance?
If so, would you like to merge? or stay in Legion of Fate?

........Discuss.
Back to top Go down
bratrew
Spartan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-26

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:03 am

tough topic, gonna have to give this some thought. i think i would need to know more facts and perhaps pay more attention to the people in the alliance that are enjoyable to group with.
as far as legion of fate goes...the guys and gals in this guild have been great. whatever decision is made i hope it is a unanimous one. most of you have kept this guild alive and growing. you have put a lot into this guild, i think that should be your decision. i will follow you which ever it is....unless you don't want me to Razz
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-22

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:27 am

That is a rough one for sure. First off who are the key members of Brewtality? I have partied with quite a few from the alliance and there are some key members in it who seemed to be very focused. These might be the guys from Brewtaility, or they may be from other various guilds in the alliance.

One question i would like answered, is what Drama? Do we have any specifics on who, what, and why? I think this information would be crucial in deciding who's side to take.

Flydant
Back to top Go down
Hellztime
Spartan

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-01

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:38 pm

All I would say as far as teh merger: Will everyone be able to merger or will there be restrictions?

At one point I believe I looked at Brewtality adn they had a toon lvl min to be considered.

I am all for merging with someone if it will gives us more people on consistantly.

As far as the alliance goes...I think more facts would be needed but again if we merge its a non-issue because they are leaving.
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-28

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:05 pm

k first off the drama, is unfortunately between the 2 guilds that i myself like to party with the most, which is brewtality and gaming warriors. now i spoke with thord about this last night, and basically feel that this is an EVERYONE in the guild decision, not to be hurried or taken lightly, we've all put a LOT of work into getting this guild where it is, and its a downright shame that we're even thinking about this, BUT the summers coming fast, and the head count here has a potential of being even worse than it is already, so thats something to think about. I for one will do whatever everyones comfortable with, but i will say that i will miss being in alliance with MANY of the gaming warriors if we chose to leave the alliance, I for one, get a message from erran, at least every other day, saying h'ed like to help get fellow alliance members geared, out, and if i'd like to do blood or bile with him. so i find that very helpfull, and ive done fun naked runs, with him and the rest of the gaming warriors on occasion, on the flip side, ive done Lairs with defarian and the guys from brewtality, and have had a great time on those runs as well. the differences i seem to notice between the 2 guilds, are as follows: Gaming Warriors have more members on, seem to be a LOT more laid back, , but they dont really utilize their vent much. Brewtality seems to be more commited to endgame, they utilize their vent all the time, but i could see them turning into a military style raiding guild, which ive been a part of, and quit wow because of. I myself seem to get along with all these guys, so i'm not horribly partial, I just wanted to give everyone my view of the scenario and the guilds in question
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:11 am

Ok, gonna answer some questions first.

The people from Brewtality I usually do things with are Deferian(leader), Thuggles, Knotter, Vorbote, Capitalism, and a few others. For details of the drama, all I know is that people were criticizing others for how they choose to play the game. As how all fights go, I'm assuming both sides aren't exactly innocent.

If we are to merge into Brewtality, everyone from our guild will be able to transfer in. I will probally transfer over last to make sure all of our people get invites to Brewtality.

Along with Brewtality, the new alliance will have The Schism, and at least one other guild. If we do choose the route of merger, I will talk to Deferian about some of us coming into their guild above a "newbie" status. Any guild would greatly benefit from the members of Legion of Fate joining it, and we should be treated as such.

Whether we leave the alliance or not, personally, I would like us to keep trying to breath new life into this guild. I was part of the original six who created this guild and would like to see it grow. So let's keep recruiting.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Well bit of Good News on my end. I have resurrected my fallen computer, and should finally get to play again.

As of the merger/ alliance. This is how i feel.................

Lets merge, but on conditions. For one i think we should not abandon the guild by any means. If we do merge i will be throwing one of my alts from the alt guild into the legion as a place holder. That way if we decide we don't like the play style, or just want to go back home we have that option.

As for bottom of the totem pole, i don't really mine were i am, just as long as i still have my core group ( you fellas ) to play with.

However that said, i do suggest we make it a trial merger. Set a dead line, and goals and see if we meet them. If we feel that at the end of the period that we should stay, we will stay. If not we go else where.
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Flydant, not to worry. I will also be leaving an alt in LoFate, just in case. Thanks, I forgot to bring that up. Since Legion of Fate will be kept on life support, why not officers keep one alt still in so we can still use the guild bank. There is still a good amount of gear in there. Also, if anyone can use anything from the bank, please let an officer know so we can give it to you. We've just kept it locked so that any new members don't wipe out the bank. Don't be afraid to ask.

What sort of goals were you looking at setting? Maybe everyone getting geared to a certain level, getting Blood/Bile to easy farm status, clearing Lost Vale without hic-ups. Those are just a few I quickly came up with.

I'm liking the discussion so far.

Edit:add
Another guild involved in the drama was Lotus Cult. Some of Brewtalitites officers had problems with them.
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Ok, its been almost a week now since this thread was started. Please chime in with your final votes. In the event of option A being the majority, I will be giving leadership of the guild to an alt for safe keeping.

A - Leave the alliance and guild to merge with Brewtality.

B - Leave the alliance, and ally our guild with Brewtality.

C - Stay the course in our current alliance.

My vote is for A.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:24 am

As long as the legion is on "Life support", i will be going with option A.
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm

just curious, as to when the decision to when we named brewtality our destination took place
Back to top Go down
Hellztime
Spartan

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Did anyone else talk with another guild about us merging? I know Gaming Warriors was mentioned but I do not know if there was a serious talk or not.
Back to top Go down
bratrew
Spartan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-26

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:47 pm

my vote is for c but i still do not feel like i know enough to vote on this. other than knowing some of the people i have grouped with. i have grouped with a few from all the guilds and like them all.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm

nickademuss wrote:
just curious, as to when the decision to when we named brewtality our destination took place

Personally, i really don't mind what guild we merge with, as long as they have a good group of members on. Im just looking for some good end game runs to more develop my characters. As far Brewtality, or Gaming Warriors.... i can go either way. "Being greedy, i just want to a guild were i can keep my viperpit recall Smile "

But as far as staying the course, we have tried this for many months now, and all i can say for our results is that we are slowly smaller by the day. It's tending to be either we merge or we die out.
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:43 am

Well shit, I had a good post all written up, but when I hit SEND, the page timed out. But anyways...

Nick, this entire thread was about Brewtality's offer. We can always delay our response so we can discuss other guilds to communicate with.

Flydant, if A is the majority, Legion of Fate will indeed be kept on "Life Support".

Bratrew, please feel free to ask any questions you may have, as well as anyone else. I don't want anyone to feel unsure about their vote.

Last night Deferian (Brewtality leader) informed me that if we are to merge, our members will have an elevated rank in Brewtality. I would be directly under Deferian, with our officers under myself, and our general members immediately below that. Also, it was discussed to perhaps use Legion of Fate as an alt guild for the new alliance, should we choose that route.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:57 pm

One other thing we need to take into consideration, is that we have other members in the guild who don't actively participate in the forums. I know we have the husband and wife team, and maybe a couple others. I catch Misstress on all the time, but am not really sure who they are.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Oh, almost forgot to ask.......

Does brewtality or gaming warriors have a forum. If so i would like to do some background reading and see if i can get a feel for who they are.
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:12 pm

www.Brewtality.org

No clue about GW.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Well i have to say something for Brewtality. They have their shit in order!
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:09 pm

well i know as it stands now gaming warriors has already left the alliance, my concern is with the amount of brewtality thats on when we are. flydants usually good till about 9pm, hellz probly 8 , bratrew is on the whole other end of the spectrum with the hours he plays, thords, usually after 10, and myself is sporadical, so has anyone bothered to click on the guild tab when your on to see how many members of brewtality are on??
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Usually when I'm on, there are at least 2-3 on their Vent and in-game. Usually its Deferian, Teg/Vorbote, and I Villyann(sp?)
Back to top Go down
Hellztime
Spartan

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Over all... (for any guild merge)

1. How many active members do they have?
2. When are their members active? Is there just 1 group that is active around prime time or do they have a day crew...etc.

3. What style is the guild? Casual/Hardcore...etc.

4. What is our goal for merging?

4A. My goal for a merge is to find more active players that everyone can do things with and at different times. The more people are obn and active the more others will be on.

My time will be different over the next few months. Mon -Wed won't be on much. Kid will probably be on more during early evening/afternoon (3-4:30pm) then maybe more in the evening. The time I have had to play I don't p[lay because no one is around Sad

I looked into brewtality before and they seemed to only be recruiting lvl 35+ and they had a hardcore mentality. Now if I am wrong let me know.
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:31 pm

another thing i noticed, just to throw it out, is that brewtality requires a raidninja program for all raiding guild members, I for one dont use adds, and really dont intend to, not that theyre bad, just personal choice, guess i dont wanna be all i can be lol, but i dont wanna sound negative towards them, just trying to pass on info, i have no problem joining someone, and not raiding, so this wont factor into any decision by me....KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:36 pm

also wanna say i havent heard anything from gaming warriors or any of their members, so i'm not sure of their interest in recruiting anyone if any , just trying to do a little homework.....i would immagine there should be a live vent guild meeting eventually to discuss this whole scenario, might wanna consider, starting to think about a time,

BTW ....havent been on much recently due to the fact i blew a headgasket in my baby..../cry, been carshopping for a few days, will check in sporadically though
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

A Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Proposal   A Proposal Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:26 am

Whats our Status on this topic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Proposal Empty