Legion Of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Legion Of Fate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Class Builds

Go down 
+3
bratrew
Fuzzyslippers
Mazorin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mazorin

Mazorin

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:04 am

There Are somethings that have been bugging me...... The Way people have been presenting there Toons.
For one people not being the right spec for instances and stacking stats in areas that shouldn't really be stacking in.... so I'm going to go over a few things on how a class should be speced and stats that should be stacked for instance grinding and for most part make better players.

First Career we are going to go over Are Tanks. Tanks Should At least be that TANKS don't come into an instance in any other build u will not be welcome. For the most part you should be Stacking Toughness and Wounds, more Wounds then Toughness. You Should also come with two different Gear sets one for dps tanking and one for TANKING. During RvR if you want to spend the money to respec back to DPS its your gold just make sure you have the money to respec back to your tanking spec when its time to Pve. Any questions about how to become a better tank speak to Shan.

Next Career we are going to go over is healer. enough said if you are a healer in our guild you will not come to a pve instance and ask to dps we will kick you out on the spot (DoKs this means you if you are dps/healing spec your wrong we are bring you to heal not dps if we wanted dps we bring a WE). For the most part healers should be stacking willpower to better your healing if you want to stack some wounds thats fine as well, but mainly willpower to better your heals.

Ranged DPS depends on what class. Dps casters should be specing into what makes they hit harder i guess. Also should be stacking Int and wounds. RDPS Should be stackin Ballistic And wounds.

Melee Dps You should be speced to pump out the most damage you can muster. You should also be stacking Str and Weapon skill with some Wounds for survivability. other then that most dps specs r just that dps.

Other then that any questions or concerns you may have feel free to talk to me about this, im always on.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzyslippers

Fuzzyslippers

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:11 am

no way im a dps shaman im stackin int and tough and a littl str for some strong white hits when i feel like gettin up close and personal with my staff
Back to top Go down
Fuzzyslippers

Fuzzyslippers

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 am

759 Willpower FTW
Back to top Go down
bratrew
Spartan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:58 pm

ok couple of questions....1st.are chosen considered tanks or melee dps? atm when i play i am of the mind to protect healers. i was running with shield and one hander and stacking wounds and toughness. with rending blade ( think i have the name right) i am able to damage every enemy with in 30 ft, requires two hander. should i continue to use the one hander and shield , stacking wounds and toughness or go with two hander and rending blade, stacking weapon skill and willpower? being going with will power for interrupts.
Back to top Go down
Mazorin

Mazorin

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Yes chosen are considered tanks. It all really depends on what RvR you are doing in Scs i would say a two hander is more viable do to the fact that we need as much dps as possible, i would say depends in Orvr if you want to tank or not wather you should use a sword and bored. for pve tho you should be always be In tank mode. that means sword and bored with as much wounds and toughness as u can muster if you need talismans we have a stock pile of them. im not sure how the willpower and weapon skill is working for you but if it works for u in rvr i guess it works.

remember this is for pve that im mainly talking about. what you do in RvR is up to you. Like i said when you come to do pve and you are brought in to be a tank, be in tanking gear and be speced to be a tank. no point in coming to an instance saying you want to tank and tank with a Leaf and a stick, it just hurts the WB more then it helps.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzyslippers

Fuzzyslippers

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 pm

hmm sounds like a case of a class identidy crisis. A horrible thing it is but there is a way to fix it. First start your game when it loads to your character dont click play instead click characters. Then click create once in the creat menu click your faction (chaos,Dark Elves, or Greenskin) and mouse over your class. In the menu showing the details of the class it has a spot that say "Archetype" look next to that and it says what you are. So following those steps it says chosen is a Tank. If anyone has any questions or cant understand the steps feel free to ask and ill gladly walk you through them.
Back to top Go down
Hellztime
Spartan

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Personally, I think anyone can play any class the way they want to, it is a game and they pay for it.

What is important to know it that this game is extremely group focused and therefore we need groups to have specific make ups.

Certain classes are needed to accomplish goals. Wether it be Orvr, SC, or PvE.

PvE needs a classic group make up with a solid tank(s), healer(s), along with dps.

Scenarios (SC) you really need healers and straight DPS. But in the DPS department you need melee as well as ranged. But overall the group needs to focus on teh SC objective along with healer protection.

Orvr differs depending on the groups goals. If you are going to just take BO's than some melee dps (ones that can take a few hits) along with other solid dps and of course good healers is fine for a group. But if you are wanting to take a Keep or two, than you need to have a more PvE type of group and will require tanks.

Overall, this game can be played many many ways and the bottom line is how the group comes together and works together.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzyslippers

Fuzzyslippers

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Ok well if your a tank and you have a two hander out in PVE run for gear good luck stayin alive im not gonna waste my time tryin to keep you alive when i have a whole party to worry about ill stick to healin those who build there class proberly for the situation.
Back to top Go down
Mazorin

Mazorin

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:09 am

Fact of the matter is if your a tank, a healer, Mdps, or Rdps. any class you should be building your class to the best of its ability not stacking Stats that arnt going to help your class build. for instance im not going to stack willpower and int on my WE that would just be stupid just as a healer shouldn't be stacking Toughness and Str thats just ludacrist.

all im trying to say is that if we are going to function as a group, ppl need to start specing and building there toons accordingly.

i understand that its a game and people pay for it but we are working as a unite i cant stress this enough you have to be the right spec with the right base skills stacked.
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:41 am

First, I sense a lot of hostility in some of these posts. That should not be how these forums are utilized. Many people just go with a leveling spec so they can do exactly that. So until they hit 40, I see no reason to suggest how to spec their character.
Back to top Go down
Mazorin

Mazorin

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 am

This is by no means tellin someone how to spec well leveling this is about end game pve were you should be around the level that you should be switching over to the role you are going to be in for the guild by no means did i say or tell any one to level in these specs. this is just a general guide line of how you should be speced if you dont like it when i run a WB and your not the spec you are supposed to be then i just wont invite you plan and simple.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:10 pm

I for one being a Ranged caster have tried many builds for Both RVR, and PVE. I find the best thing " For Me" is to stack all my renown points into wounds and toughness. As for gear i stack with Intelligence talismans, and i try to go with gear that follows along these three stats. Reasoning behind this, is i am an AOE attacker. I will still hate, its a given. To be able to withstand high lvl champions hitting me i need some form of tanking spec built into my character.

Once again this is my personal build. This may differ for some other casters that are set on individual targeting. What it boils down to, you have to build your character to survive. If your a tank, wounds is more important than strength. If your a healer wisdom will keep your comrades alive. If your DPS "Depending on your Spec/ char" Stack what gives you damage, but stack to take hits, because if/when you steal hate, if you can't take a hit your not worth a damn.
Back to top Go down
nickademuss
Officer
nickademuss

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 pm

I for one started out a Int/willpower build, due to the fact that getting a group in this guild has been like pulling teeth, from the start , not just the last couple weeks when people decided to become actively involved here, when i hit 40 i switched to a willpower/toughness build due to the fact that as much as everyone whines, we still dont get that many groups together, and this build suits scenario, much better, i will respec my toon as the need applies itself, to the situation, and not how i'm told to do so, if the big picture changes, YES i will think of going will/wounds, but right now its about survivability in scenarios, till we get our act together!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Builds   Class Builds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class Builds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion Of Fate :: Tactic Room-
Jump to: