Legion Of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Legion Of Fate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

question on tactics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bratrew
Spartan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-26

question on tactics Empty
PostSubject: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:28 pm

not really sure if im doing the correct things in scenarios and just wanted everyone's opinion. i use two handed weapon along with tactic that gives me +15 to crit for it, try to outfit gear that gives plus to weapon skill and str. i go after the healers and try to stay on them as best as possible. now should i fall back n protect healer when they are being attacked? or stay after the order healers? also im a 28 chosen should i try to tank or let the big ogres do that? oh and what do you mean when you say looking for dps is that a spell caster?
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:33 pm

DPS is just simply Damage per Second, so what ever does the most damage over the smallest amount of time is the way to go. As for your game play strategy, it really depends on your style of play. If your focusing on team work for the win, protecting the squishes is a good way to do it, but as most Destruction players tend to play its all about the kills. I personally would love the protection of a strong Chosen as being a squishy i tend to get reamed quite a bit. All in all it boils down to how you want to play. Remember you are the one who pay's to play, and if it isn't fun it isn't worth it.

Flydant Out!
Back to top Go down
Thord
Guild Leader
Thord

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I definatley agree with Flydant. Play how you want to play. I have 3 tactic sets made up. The first is setup to do the most damage. Second is a bit more conservative, but sitll DPS oriented. Next is tanking using defensive tactics. Finally I have a dps based RvR tactic with the Unstoppable Juggernaut tactic so I only have to wait 20 seconds to get out of traps instead of 60.

If you want to protect your own healers, put on a shield and 1-hander, and use your taunts as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
bratrew
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:27 pm

great guys i really appreciate the advice... i do enjoy the game i just dont want to tick people off by playing bad and not knowing any better.
thanks again .
oh couple more things on the subject.....if i decide to do some protecting do i hang by the healer the whole time or try to keep an eye on him from a close proximity? and i know that there are some healers that are orientated to close combat...please tell me if im wrong but the zealot and squigg herder r the ones you want to protect right?
again thanks for your input Smile
Back to top Go down
Zakiel
Guild Leader
Zakiel

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 pm

A couple of questions. What mastery path have you vested yourself in? Also, do you switch auras in battle? Next, if you are wanting to play smartly then your play style will have to adapt to the situation you are in. The first charge across the field in almost every battle will give you an idea of what kinda opposition you are facing. If you press order back the healers will follow. In any instance always try to make sure that you do not get absorbed into chasing a wounded character, especially around tight corners. Healers need line of sight (LOS) to heal you unless they use a group heal. The destruction healers are the Zealot and the Shaman. There is a melee healer class called the Disciple of Khaine and they can help in a pinch but it's a question of which mastery path they have chosen as only one bolsters their healing ability. Whenever you are grouped with a healer, guard them. Additionally, if there's no healer class in your party, it is wise to go ahead and use guard on the highest level ranged DPS in your group as they usually will put your enemy in the dirt the quickest. Ranged DPS are the Magus, Squig Herder, and Sorceress. The winner in any battle is determined by 4 conditions:
1-Number of warriors
2-Equipment
3-Ability
4-Party balace
Flydant said a mouthful in saying that most destruction players only care about the number of kills. They compete to do the most damage in a scenario, not bothering to work together and that is why we win keep fights and lose scenarios. Thord is also correct that if you want to do a primarily defensive style that the way to go is to equip a one hander and a shield.
Back to top Go down
Flydant
Captain
Flydant

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 am

Well Said Zakiel.
Back to top Go down
bratrew
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 pm

i have the disrupt mastery i think it is.. well as of last night i do.i also retrained my renown and going with one hander and shield. i have not been switching auras...should i? before i was going with my str aura , now im going with toughness. i tried to alternate them before but seemed like that was a drain on ap's. thanks for all your input zakiel Smile great advice i tried a little last night before everything slowed down for the night. it worked out well and i didnt die but once Smile
Back to top Go down
Zakiel
Guild Leader
Zakiel

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 pm

One of the reasons I created this guild is to try and attract destruction players such as yourself bratrew. People willing to work together instead of for themselves. The reason I ask about switching auras is that is the "mechanic" used by the Chosen. They can have as many as 3 auras active at once but this is very impractible in a battle situation. Two is possible but you really have to be on top of your game as it will keep you very busy and there's a slight AP cost each time you activate an aura, as you noticed. The Chosen actually get a tactic later on that eliminates the AP cost of initiating an aura. This is the main reason I quit playing my Chosen. It is to aggravating to me to switch auras every 6 seconds. Now this doesn't mean that you aren't effective if you don't switch auras I'm merely saying that they were designed to. It sounds like the path you chose was Discord. If that is the case, try using the toughness and discordant auras and as the main smash of that path "Ravage" deals spirit damage and the discordant aura lowers all of an oppenents resistance. The reason that is important is the truth in melee damage currently is, if a melee hit says it deals spirit, elemental, or coporeal damage then it is calculated against the resistance of the offending character, not their armor. Now your stats. Anything that increases your wounds, toughness, and resistances is for PvP. Strength is more for PvE. The reason I say this is the fact that your stats help only in small ways. Example, my Marauder, rank 23, monstrosity spec, has a tactic that increases his strength by 4 per level. This is a +92 to his strength and how much damage does this translate into 18.4 DPS (unmitigated mind you). Each point of strength increases your DPS by 0.20. Now back to reality, if you were to put your first 20 renown points into strength you would only recieve +60 str or 12 DPS. If you have any more questions don't hesistate to ask. Lastly don't worry about "playing bad". Bad players are usually the ones complaining about how everybody else doesn't know what they are doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on tactics   question on tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion Of Fate :: Tactic Room-
Jump to: